How to find urgent psychiatric care in Phoenix, AZ
The MIND 24-7 Team | August 11, 2023
When someone is experiencing a mental health crisis or needs someone to talk to, knowing where to go for help is important. In Phoenix, Arizona, a few resources are available that provide the care needed in these situations. This guide discusses the following:
- The services provided by urgent psychiatric care centers in Phoenix, Ariz.
- What to look for in an urgent psychiatric care center.
- How to locate an urgent psychiatric care center in Phoenix, Ariz.
What do urgent psychiatric care services in Phoenix provide?
For urgent psychiatric care services in Phoenix, Ariz., individuals and families can visit MIND 24-7. We provide walk-in, emergency and ongoing care. Here is what patients can expect from each type of service.
For patients who need to see a licensed mental health clinician immediately, our Express care can help. Walk-in care is a convenient way for patients to get help with many mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, stress, and insomnia. Our walk-in mental health care services include physical and psychiatric evaluation, medication review and refill, care planning, referrals and more. Best of all, most people are on your way again in under two hours.
Knowing you are not alone is essential when experiencing a mental health crisis. It is also important to get treatment as quickly as possible. We support people who are a threat to themselves or others, regardless of their ability to pay. We work to assess and stabilize patients so they can either go home or move to inpatient care, usually in less than 24 hours.
Ongoing treatment and therapy
Ongoing treatment and therapy are excellent ways to learn tools and skills to cope with challenges in a healthy way. Through our Progressions care program, we offer individual and group counseling, medication management and peer support, providing care for various mental health concerns for up to 90 days. We also work closely with patients to identify challenges like housing or food insecurity, unemployment or abuse that may affect their mental health so we can connect them with community partners who can help.
When to visit an urgent psychiatric care center in Phoenix, Ariz.
Visiting an urgent psychiatric care center in Phoenix, Ariz. is helpful for people who are:
- Feeling overwhelmed by mental health symptoms
- Trying to cope on your own and need some extra help
- Thinking of hurting yourself or someone else
- Struggle to sleep or eat
- Having trouble making decisions or concentrating
- Hearing voices or having hallucinations
- Feeling agitated or violent
- Feeling extremely anxious or depressed
What to look for in an urgent psychiatric care center in Phoenix
To help ensure patients who are experiencing mental health symptoms get the help they need, they should look for an urgent psychiatric care center in Phoenix that provides the following:
24/7 care, 365 days per year
Mental health does not take time off, and neither should mental health care. At MIND 24-7, we are open every hour and day of the year, including holidays.
People feeling overwhelmed by mental health symptoms shouldn’t have to wait weeks, days or even hours for help. At MIND 24-7, adults and youth can receive mental health care in minutes. We serve the Valley with four clinics conveniently located throughout the Valley.
Trained and licensed professionals
When a mental health challenge feels too big to tackle, know that you are not alone. Our mental health providers are skilled and experienced in helping people manage and overcome mental health challenges. We can prescribe medication, refill prescriptions, teach coping skills for a healthy future and connect patients with the necessary resources.
Patients deserve to be at the center of the decision-making process regarding their mental health care. At MIND 24-7, we provide an open door to mental health care with empathy, compassion, direct support and innovative solutions.
Mental health challenges can feel isolating, but no one should ever have to feel alone. At MIND 24-7, we recognize that mental health is a journey we are all on together. We offer care through one-on-one connections, peer support, group counseling and referrals to community partners.
How do I locate urgent psychiatric care in Phoenix?
MIND 24-7 serves the Valley at three locations:
- Youth and adults are welcome at our Phoenix Camelback location for Express, Crisis and Progressions care. The clinic is at 9675 W. Camelback Road, Phoenix, Ariz., 85037.
- At our Phoenix North-Central location, youth can receive Express, Crisis and Progressions care, and adults can receive Express and Progressions care. The clinic is at 10046 N. Metro Parkway, Phoenix, Ariz., 85051.
- Youth and adults are welcome at our Mesa location for Express, Crisis and Progressions care. The clinic is at 1138 S. Higley Road, Mesa, Ariz., 85206. *Note, there is a separate location for Progressions.